10 Questions to Think About Before Starting a New Web Design.
Knowing what you want out of your web site is key to the success of your new web design. Helping your web designer understand what you want is just as important.
Ask yourself the following:
1. What is the main purpose and what are the secondary goals of the web site?
2. Who is your target audience? Think about who will normally use your site, their occupation, gender, age range, nationality, etc.
3. What might a normal user do on your site? Will they look for contact/company info, purchase something, make inquiries, sign up for a newsletter, login/register, etc.?
4. What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience (informative, entertaining,
5. How will you convey this message (through the design, content, etc)?
6. How will you measure the success of the site?
7. Who is your competition (give the name and website of at least 2)?
8. What do you like about their site that you want incorporated into yours?
9. How will your site be different from theirs (what do you dislike)?
10. List other sites that you like/dislike and what you would like/dislike about them (navigation,
design, header, footer, etc.).